Friday, June 23rd
Annual Installation of Officers
6:30 P Social
7:00 P Dinner
followed by installation of new officers
Our installation and dinner meeting will be on Friday, June 23 at the Palladium.A social period will begin at 6:30 pm and a seated dinner at 7. The attire for the evening is coat and tie for gentlemen and similarly appropriate attire for the ladies.
Winners are as follows:
- Room sharing is encouraged so that you can hear your baby and be close by. However, sharing beds should be avoided.
- Babies should not share a bed, not even with a loving parent or sibling. Because of their small size and age, infants can easily become wrapped up in blankets, covered by a pillow or accidentally rolled on by sleeping adults or other children. Children can also become wedged between a wall and a mattress or at the headboard/footboard.
- Babies should sleep on their back every single time—even if just taking a nap.
- Though many parents are concerned that an infant will choke unless laid on their side or tummy, the fact is that fluids can pool and cause choking more easily in the side or tummy positions. Children are less likely to choke if placed on their back to sleep.
- The mattress should be firm, flat, and covered with a tight-fitting bottom sheet made specifically for the crib.
- There should be no blankets, quilts, toys or any objects in baby’s sleeping space—not even crib bumpers.