In an effort to better educate potential members about the Exchange Club of Rome, and thus help them to make a more informed decision in seeking membership in the Club, the board of directors approved a new membership application procedure, effective January 1, 2014. The major changes include:A requirement for the prospective member to attend at least three meetings (excluding business meetings) before submitting an applicationMandatory attendance at a new member orientation prior to being added to the National roster
New requirement for the sponsor to complete a short questionnaire describing why he or she thinks the applicant would be an asset to the club and expressing willingness to truly mentor the new member
The current application is under revision to accommodate the new requirements, including the sponsor portion, and will be available no later than the end of January.
- Prospective members must attend a minimum of three meetings before submitting an application.
- New members will submit an application for membership to the board of directors. Sponsors will be required to complete a brief questionnaire attesting to their relationship to the prospective members, and their commitment to mentoring the prospects to ensure that they become engaged, active members. An application fee of $25 will also be required.
- If the application is approved by the board it will be read at the next business meeting. If there is no written objection from any Exchange member within seven days the member will be inducted at the next business meeting.
- Mandatory new member orientations will be conducted during the business meetings in February, April, June, August, October, and December after the new member inductions. They will be conducted by the immediate past president, president elect, and representatives from the Family Resource Center and the Coosa Valley Fair.
- After a new member has attended the new member orientation his or her name will be submitted to National Exchange Club for full membership, and a new member packet will be mailed to him or her directly from National. At this time the new member will be billed for the current quarter’s dues on a pro-rated basis.